The fashion and textiles sector as a whole employs an estimated 340,000 people across 79,000 enterprises within the UK, which are predominantly small and medium sized employers. The sector contributes around £10 billion to the UK economy each year, some of the key facts are:
- The industry contributes £1.1 billion to the UK economy each year.
- There are around 13,000 enterprises in the textile services industry, of which 11,000 are sole traders.
- Most of these businesses are small, employing 250 people or fewer.
- There are around 50,000 people employed in this industry in the UK.
This market plays a large part in our customer demographic and we have many years of experience in delivering real benefits such as:
- Quick availability of specific products.
- The ability to service both high and low volume orders within tight lead times.
- Large stocks of both rental and refurbished equipment, to support seasonal demands and tight capital budgets.
- Innovative and bespoke designs to support specific operations.